Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Alaska is Finished!

Scott's Alaska trips are finished for the year.  Hallelujah!  25 days of traveling.  It was rough on all of us. 

Here are a few pictures from Scott's last trip (to the Pogo gold mine outside of Fairbanks).  Looking at the pictures, I have to feel like it wasn't quite so rough on him.
When he arrived in Fairbanks, it was actually warmer there than it was here (it was 2 degrees here).





Kate got sicker before the day was over.  Her fever spiked and wouldn't come down.  She was miserable, and just wanted me to hold her while she cried.




The kids and I had a movie night to try and pass the time, and sent Dad a selfie when he called from the Seattle airport to check in.


Finally Kate fell asleep.


I transferred Kate to her crib, and put the rest of the kids to bed too.  Then I headed off into the cold night to pick Scott up from his midnight flight arrival at the airport.


No comments: