Friday, December 19, 2014

Forts

The fort that was built in the kitchen the week of Thanksgiving, was the beginning of Owen's love for fort building.  Since then, he has constructed a fort every single day, in all different rooms, with all different blankets and pillows.  It's a great indoor winter activity, and I love how creative he gets in building them.

 




 


Not even bandaged fingers slow him down.


Sometimes instead of a fort, he constructs a tower.




And he loves to make traps in his room.  I can't tell you how many times I have taken down these jump ropes, and he just keeps putting them back up.  He says to me, "But Mom, what if the bad guys come?!"



Kate loves to help Owen with his traps and forts.  (She also really likes to play dress up.  I love the outfits she comes up with these days).



Sometimes Owen falls for his own trap.


Owen mounts a Nerf gun on the bed post, so he can get the bad guys when they fall for his trap.  I love this kid, and love his imagination.  I am so lucky to spend my days with him!



No comments: