Monday, December 29, 2014

Anniversary

Scott and I celebrated our 16th anniversary on December 19th.  Scott took the day off work, and we just enjoyed a lazy day.

I put Kate's hair in pink spongy curlers.  She didn't leave them in long enough to get super curly, but it still turned out pretty cute.




Scott let Owen pick where he wanted to go for lunch.  Of course, the choice was McDonalds.






The kids had a great time playing on the play place for over an hour, before we made them come home so Kate could nap.



We left for our anniversary date about half an hour before school got out (Kendi came over and stayed with Owen and Kate till Savannah got home to babysit).  I had received gift certificates to a spa the last two Christmases from Scott's parents, and I'd never used them.  So I volunteered them to use for our date, and we went and got massages together.  It was wonderful and relaxing.

After the massages, Scott took me to a jewelry store to have my wedding ring resized.  I had it sized down after I had Owen and lost a lot of weight.  And then when I got pregnant with Kate, it was too small for me, and hasn't fit right since.  I told Scott a few weeks before, that for my anniversary, I wanted to be able to wear my wedding ring again.  We told the guy at the jewelry store what we needed, and he said it would usually take a couple of days to resize, but since it was our anniversary, he would get right to work on it, and have it ready to pick up in an hour.

So we left my ring, and went to dinner.  Cafe Zupas.  My new favorite.  Not all that fancy (or expensive), but so yummy!


After Zupas, we went back to pick up my ring.  Scott told me that he'd planned to also buy me some new jewelry, and  told me to search the store for my favorite thing.  I'm not much of a necklace or bracelet person, so I decided to look for earrings.  I looked through the entire store, and found these purple amethyst earrings to be my favorite.  Then I asked about the price - $105.  I told Scott I couldn't spend that much money on myself, and he said, "Yes you can!" and he bought them for me. I love that he spoils me!


No comments: