Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week Without Dad

Scott had to travel this week.  He left Monday morning for Spokane, and came home Tuesday night.  Then he turned around and left Wednesday morning for his company's annual sales training meeting in Las Vegas, where he stayed till Friday evening.  And while we missed him terribly, the kids and I did survive while he was gone.

Monday evening I took the kids to the pool by myself.  I had Kate on my lap the whole time, so it made it hard to keep everyone else in line. 
Nate in time out for teasing Owen.





Owen - tired and ready to head home.

Nate - really tired and ready to head home.
After our experience at the pool, I told the kids I was never going to take them by myself again.  But, we still needed to find some fun things to do while Dad was out of town.  So, on Tuesday we had some friends come over to paint fingernails.  Owen got in on the action, too.



Wednesday the girls had Activity Days and Josh had Scouts.  And in the morning, one of my friends came over with her kids to hang out for a bit.

Thursday came, and we were all going a little crazy.  So, I had one of our favorite babysitters, Claire, come over to watch Kate for me.  And I braved getting into a swimsuit for the first time this year, and took the kids swimming.  It was much easier to keep everyone happy with me in the pool with them, instead of sitting poolside with a baby.  And because it was so much fun, we did it again on Friday.  I found that I enjoyed the break just as much as the kids.  (And on Friday, I had Claire come earlier and watch all the kids while I got out for some exercise, then stay with just Kate while the rest of us went swimming.)






And finally, Friday evening, I loaded up all 7 kids and went to Scott's little brother's 30th birthday party.  Scott's flight got in that evening, and he joined us about an hour into the party.  It was so great to get him home.  We really missed him.


(And a few more miscellaneous pictures......)
He still falls asleep in random places.

Sara is really into doing handstands.  I swear, that girl is upside down more than she is right side up.

Kate is just starting to figure out how to play with toys.

Snuggling with my little Kate.

On the way home from Marc's birthday party, I stopped to fill the suburban with gas and went through the car wash.  Owen was not a fan.  He kept repeating, "I want out Mom.  I want out Mom!"

No comments: