Friday, July 19, 2013

Cookies and Lemonade

My kids have become quite the entrepreneurs.  Yesterday Savannah begged to make cookies so she could sell them to the neighborhood.  I drove the kids to the front of the neighborhood, and let them have a lemonade and cookies stand.   It was quite the scene, 5 of my kids (Kate stayed home and Nate was at a friend's house) trying to flag down cars to sell them their goods.  Even Owen was in on the action.  I let them do it for about 2 hours Thursday evening and they made $3.50.

This morning, Sara and Savannah asked if they could do it again.  I reluctantly agreed, and they baked some more cookies.  I drove the two girls down to the front of the neighborhood around 1:30 in the afternoon (I sent them with my cell phone, so they could call when they were done).  Today they had enough success, that they ended up staying till dinner time.  And they raked in $23.67!  The boys ended up joining them toward the end of their time there, but the girls told them they didn't get to split the money because they weren't there the whole time.  Not a bad business venture for kids. 






 


1 comment:

Big R said...

Looks like I was a bit early when I stopped by on Friday. I'll start craning my neck as I head into Eagle, and drive by the entrance to your subdivision when I'm on my way home to see if entrepreneurs are "working."