Sunday, July 07, 2013

Joining the Ranks

On Wednesday, I joined the ranks of the technologically advanced, with the acquisition of my very first smart phone.  Scott walked in the door from work, and handed me a pink encased iphone with the following text:
I had no idea he was getting it for me, he just did it.  I've only had a little cheap pay-as-you-go phone for the last couple years, and I rarely used it, because it cost money every time I did.  I only used it to call Scott when I really had to (i.e. I was running late and needed him to pick up a child).  I didn't give my number out to anyone, because I didn't want them to call me and me have to pay for it.  It felt like I was the last person on earth to not have a cell phone.  I would get the strangest looks when other moms would ask me for my cell phone number, and I'd tell them that I didn't really have a cell phone.  It's unheard of these days.   

Scott has been trying to convince me for a while now that I needed to get a real phone.  And I always have just told him that I didn't need it (because I couldn't justify spending that much money on myself).  But, he finally decided to ignore me and just go ahead and get it for me.  I'm so glad that he did. 

Of course, the kids use it more than I do.  They love to sneak off with it here at the house and play games on it.  I'm ok with that.  I'm just so excited that I have a real phone now, and so thankful my husband thinks I'm worth it.

No comments: