Sunday, February 07, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything (aka Catching Up)

It's been quite a while since I reported on our goings on here. So, I'll try to do it very succinctly. Two weeks ago Scott spent two days in Texas, this week he spent one day in Spokane. I ran 10 miles yesterday. I've started running at 6 am with a friend M/W/F. We go three miles. I'm loving it. Last Saturday Scott took the older 4 kids to see "The Tooth Fairy" at the movie theater. He even let them get popcorn and candy. They loved it. I stayed home with Nate and he napped and I cleaned the house. Yesterday Scott and I got a babysitter and went to dinner with his parents and siblings and their spouses. It was a lot of fun to visit without kids. Today we all are home from church with colds. Savannah and Josh both were in spelling bees this last week (they just competed against their own grades). Josh made it into the top 14 from his grade and Savannah was in the top 10. Nate continues to get into EVERYTHING. All four older kids are loving their gymnastics classes (Savannah's class is Thursday 4:15-5:15, Josh's is Thursday 5:15-6:15, and Sara and Aaron's class is Friday 11:15-12:15). I've been feeling the itch to declutter and decorate. I made a new bigger magnet board. We had outgrown the older one (too many little artists in the family). The new one is about three times the size of the old one. I've amassed a huge pile of things to give to DI in all my decluttering, and I'm waiting for Scott to take it all away before the kids discover it. Two weeks ago Josh got in his first punching fight at school during recess. It was over football. We had a talk. The weather has been nice here and we've done some playing outside. I thought it was spring, then we had a big snowstorm, then it all melted, and now I think it's spring again. A week and a half ago I took a day and baked bread to replenish our supply in the freezer--30 loaves of homemade whole wheat bread (yum!). The kids eat it like crazy (which is a good thing), so I have to make it in large quantities. The kids got their report cards. Josh is now reading on a 2.6 grade level (6 months into the 2nd grade). He's an awesome little reader. Savannah continues to glide through school with minimal effort and looks forward to Mondays each week when she gets to go to Challenge. I've started teaching Sara to read, and she thinks she's pretty awesome at it. My marathon plans got changed. I tried to register for the Ogden marathon, but it was already full. I needed another race around the same time, to fit into my training schedule. The great potato marathon here in Boise is the same day as the Ogden, so I'm going to run that and save myself all the traveling.

And that's it--short and to the point. Next time I won't wait as long to update. Here's a picture of the new magnet board.

1 comment:

Bobby Jo said...

Oh, Karen! I am so bad about keeping caught up on everyone's blog. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I wish I had known sooner. You will be in my prayers. We are so excited to come visit you this weekend! Joycee wanted to see your little ones so we have been checking out your blog tonight. She is so excited to come! I cannot believe how big Nathan is. He is such a cutie pie! I love you Karen. Please remember, no one knows why Heavenly Father allows sad things to happen, but I am certain that nothing you could've done would have changed it. You are such a wonderful mother. Thanks for being such a dear friend! See you soon!