Thursday, February 04, 2010

Helper


Nate is quite the helper these days. He loves to help, even when I don't need his help. He helps by emptying the dishwasher (even if I'm in the process of loading it with dirty dishes). He helps by bringing me boxes or cans of food off the pantry shelves (even if it's not time to be cooking). He helps by bringing me diapers off his changing table (even if it's not time for a diaper change). He helps by getting a toothbrush out of the bathroom and brushing his teeth (even though it's someone else's toothbrush and he always leaves it somewhere in the house where we can never find it). He helps by pushing buttons on the dishwasher (even if it's not ready to run yet). He helps me vacuum, he helps me with the laundry, he helps me with just about anything he can--just sometimes a bit too much.

I can hardly believe that he will be 18 months tomorrow. He is growing so fast. His favorite word is "Go" and will start asking to go the minute he gets out of his crib. If anyone mentions the word throughout the day (ie "I'm going to go upstairs" or "I need to go to the bathroom"), Nate starts yelling "GO! GO!" and runs to the door. If you don't come to let him out, he'll go get his shoes from his bedroom, then sit in the hall yelling "Shoes! GO!!!". Nate loves getting out of this house. We've had a few nice days the past few weeks, where we've been able to go outside for walks and playing. When it's time to come in, Nate screams and cries like it's the end of the world. I can't wait till summer when we can get outside on a regular basis. I think it will do us all a lot of good.

1 comment:

Leland and Laura said...

What a blessing your litle helper is. He is so cute. It is sad that when they get to the age where they really can help they don't want to help. I have a nasty cold that I caught from your Dad. Hopefully, it is long gone before our trip to see you/