Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sick Kids

Two weeks ago, I came down with a miserable cold.  Miserable.  Just as I was beginning to feel better, Kate got sick.  Wednesday she threw up in the morning and again in the afternoon.  I spent the entire day with her on my lap.  By evening she seemed to be better.  I hoped that the sickness would stop there.  But it didn't. 




Friday (while I was at the funeral), I got a text from Scott saying that Nate had thrown up at school.  When Scott went to pick him up, the principal told him Nate was the 26th kid to go home sick that day!

I arrived home that evening and Nate was still very sick.  At 2:30 in the morning, I heard gagging, and ran out into the living room, to see Josh throwing up over the kitchen sink.  I asked him where else he'd thrown up, and he told me his bed.  I went into his bed, and quickly turned right back around and went in to wake up Scott.  I told him it was a bigger job than I could handle by myself.  So the two of us went in to clean it up together.  Scott held the garbage sack, while I used paper towels to try and mop up the mess.  There was a lot to clean up.  Once I'd gotten most of it off the bed, we gathered up the sheets and put them in the wash.  Then we got Josh settled on the couch with a bowl, and we went back to bed.  I spent the next hour listening for Josh, and getting up to empty his bowl for him every 10 minutes, as he continued to throw up.


The next day, I decided I needed to get away and go work out at the gym.  I'd taken the whole week off because of my cold, and I was anxious to get back into a regular routine.  Scott gave me permission to join a gym for Christmas, and we joined New Year's Day.  I did really good the first week, going 4 times that week.  But then I took the whole week off with being sick with my cold.  So, on Saturday, I laced up my shoes and forced myself to go work out.  Scott sent me this picture while I was there, with the title, "Next one up".  Oh the joys of having lots of kids!

Thankfully, it seems to have stopped there (fingers crossed), and we haven't had any sickness since Sara.  Hopefully we can all stay healthy now for a while.

No comments: