Saturday, November 17, 2012

Two Years Old

Last Friday Owen turned two years old.  I have to admit, it snuck up on me a bit.  He was sick for so long, and I was so focused on him getting better, that I totally forgot that he had a birthday coming up.  I only had one chance to get out birthday shopping, and it was when I had all three little boys with me.  So, they got to pick out Owen's present.  When Owen found it in the store, he hopped on, and wouldn't climb off until I put it in my cart.  When I got home, I thought I could just leave it in the car till bedtime, then hide it away till his birthday 4 days later.  But, Owen insisted on it coming in the house as we got home, and spent the week leading up to his birthday riding it all around our house.  So much for birthday surprises.


He did get a few other things that I managed to save for his birthday, so he still had the fun of opening presents.
He got a ball (Nate picked it out when we were shopping), a big bag of Sweedish Fish (which his siblings helped eat), and a box of Fruit Loops. Owen is crazy about Fruit Loops and asks for a bowl of them to eat at least three times a day (he loves that he can feed himself with a spoon now).
And even though he'd been riding on the thing for 4 days, when we wheeled in his new toy, he instantly hopped on and began riding it around while eating Sweedish Fish.
We had pizza for dinner (Owen's favorite food). Owen ate 3 pieces of pizza--I think he was still trying to make up for the week of not being able to eat anything. After pizza, we did presents and Owen ate a healthy portion of Sweedish Fish. When it was time for cake, I didn't think he would still be hungry enough to eat cake. But, he was so excited about his birthday cake, that he managed to cram a piece of cake into his little tummy also.
Sara was crying because Aaron stepped on her foot.  Good times!

And after eating cake, Owen hopped back on his riding toy and was riding it down the hallway, when he stopped and threw up all over the thing. Twice. Apparently, 3 pieces of pizza, half a bag of Sweedish Fish, and a piece of cake is just too much for a two-year old's tummy to take. Scott took Owen to the bath, and I cleaned up the throw up. After the bath, Owen was happy and feeling fine. Even with a little tummy troubles, I think Owen had a pretty good birthday.

No comments: