Monday, October 15, 2012

Zoo

The kids were out of school Thursday and Friday for parent/teacher conferences.  Thursday the kids all pitched in with cleaning while Jamie was here.  Scott got home Thursday night, and I had assumed he'd take Friday off work so we could spend some time with him.  But, he left the house at 8:30 for a meeting with Albertsons downtown.

Since the kids were out of school, I wanted to do something fun with them.  I assumed Scott's meeting would only last a few hours, and since he would already be downtown, I thought it would be fun to have him meet us at the zoo.  I packed lunches and loaded up the kids (plus Sara's friend Ady) and headed to the zoo around 11.  I kept my cell phone close, hoping Scott would call any minute and say he was coming, but he didn't.  We spent three hours exploring the zoo.  I finally got a text from Scott saying he'd be done at 2, and asked if we'd still be there.  I told him we needed to leave by 2 to make it home for doctor appointments.  So I ended up doing the zoo with 7 kids all by myself.



The petting zoo is always a kid favorite


After we were all worn out from the zoo, we drove home (and Owen got a quick nap in his car seat). We dropped Ady off at her house, then I took all 6 kids to Savannah and Sara's yearly checkups at the pediatrician. I took the boys so they could all get flu shots (not actually shots, just the mist in their nose). The doctor took way longer than I had planned on, and we all returned home at 4:30.

Scott was home by then, and told me his parents had invited us to go tour the temple that evening.  So, we hurry and fed the kids, then went to see the newly renovated Boise Temple.  It was beautiful.  The kids did pretty well during the tour--all except for Owen.  He was extremely tired from our day at the zoo, and his nap on the drive home hadn't been nearly enough.

One of my favorite things from the temple tour, was when we went into the bride's dressing room.  It is a beautiful room with chandeliers everywhere.  There were two chairs each in front of mirrors.  The tour guide placed Savannah in one chair and Sara in the other.  I cried.  It was such a sweet vision of what I hope their futures hold.  I hope it's something that stays in their minds, and that they make it a goal to sit in front of those mirrors again someday. 

No comments: