Monday, October 15, 2012

Single Mom

The last few weeks have been mostly a blur.  Scott has been gone 15 of the last 19 days and just left this morning for another 5 days.  Thankfully, I've had a great support system while he's been gone.  The Relief Society arranged to have meals brought in on Mondays and Thursdays (the days when I'm gone in the evening running kids around to activities).  Last Saturday my sister-in-law Kenna came over and watched the kids while I went out and did some shopping.  Last Monday my friend Lisa came over for a few hours in the afternoon to help me clean my house.  And that night Mike and Jo came to stay with the kids (and feed them dinner) while I was gone to Aaron's therapy and Josh's football practice.  Thursday, my sister-in-law Jamie came over for most of the day and helped me clean (she even did bathrooms for me).  I really appreciate all the help that was given to me during this time.

I do have some good news.  I went to the doctor last Tuesday, and he cleared me.  He said there is still a small clot, but it looks like it's being absorbed.  And since I hadn't had any bleeding for two weeks, he said I was finally safe.  He gave me permission to start being active again, but cautioned me to take it slow, and if I have any bleeding, to go back to taking it easy.  So now I'm on an every 4 weeks appointment schedule, and have my big ultrasound scheduled for December 7th.  I have to admit, after having 5 ultrasounds in 6 weeks, I'm quite sad I have to wait that long to see this baby again.  But I am so relieved that everything is going to turn out fine. 


No comments: