Friday, October 19, 2012

Aaron's 1st Tooth

Aaron's tooth has been loose for a while now.  All of our other kids lost teeth before they were even in Kindergarten.  Aaron went all of Kindergarten without ever getting to be on the "tooth chart" at school.  Since his tooth became the slightest bit wiggly, all he could talk about was getting on the tooth chart in 1st grade.  While Scott was home over the weekend, we tied some floss to it and tied it to a door knob, but it wasn't quite ready to come out.  I left it alone the first part of this week.  But Wednesday night, as I was putting Aaron to bed, he was complaining about his tooth really hurting.  I wiggled it, and determined it was ready to come out.

We went in my bathroom and tied some floss to the tooth.  Aaron gave it a couple of timid tugs, but it didn't come.
I knew there was no turning back, so when he wasn't expecting it, I reached over and gave the floss a good pull. The tooth popped right out. Aaron was so excited. He didn't even cry.
Aaron called Scott to tell him the good news. He decided he wanted to keep the tooth until his dad came home, instead of leaving it for the tooth fairy (he didn't want Scott to miss out on the excitement of it). Aaron is really looking forward to Scott coming home tonight so he can put his tooth under his pillow.

I let Aaron sleep with me the night of his tooth, and he was so excited that he just kept talking to me about it. And then he would say, "I need to go to sleep. I have a really big day ahead of me. I get to go on the TOOTH CHART!!!". He repeated that about 5 times before finally giving in to sleep. Now, he takes every advantage to flash me (and anyone else who is looking) his cute new toothless smile.

No comments: