Friday, August 17, 2012

Vacation in New Meadows

After our trip to Disneyland, I came home exhausted and immediately started planning out our summer vacation. I wanted to go somewhere close (traveling is exhausting), and I wanted to do something relaxing. I decided a cabin in the woods was just what I was wanting, and found a great cabin in New Meadows (just 10 minutes away from McCall). It was big enough for our whole family, and the price was incredible (about $100 per night). I booked it for a week. Then the kids started begging to go somewhere they could ride horses. So then I found the cabin in Banks that had horse back riding, and decided we'd just have to do two family vacations this summer. So we spent 4 days in Banks in June, and spent a week in New Meadows in August. I could get used to two family vacations every summer. The cabin we stayed in was beautiful.
We borrowed a friend's trailer and two 4-wheelers to take up with us. Owen was quite concerned with his Dad's ability to back up a trailer.
I'm so glad we brought the 4-wheelers up with us. We had so much fun on them. Owen especially loved going for rides. If he thought he was getting left behind, he would start to panic till someone pulled him up on to the seat.
I can't even begin to count how many 4-wheeler rides we went on. Owen would wake up in the morning, head out to the 4-wheeler, climb up on the seat, and just wait for someone to come take him for a ride.

Josh's favorite thing while we were there was gathering wood to make fires. He would drag gigantic logs over to the firepit, fill it with dry pine needles, and then just wait for us to light it. We had 3 or 4 fires while we were there, and they were all just as big as this one.
It was so hot, that it difficult to get close enough to cook the hot dogs.
Firepit cook-outs always bring out the primitive side of our kids.
And at the end of every single day (and sometimes in the middle, too), these boys ended up here.
I've got lots more photos and stories to tell, but I'll break it up into separate posts.

No comments: