Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

Sometimes I wish this wasn't a public blog, so I could vent more than I do. We'll see how nicely I can put this....Mother's Day this year will not go down as one of my favorites. Even Scott will admit, he wasn't exactly on his "A game" this year. I didn't get any presents. Scott asked me what I wanted, and I gave him the usual, "Oh I don't need anything" response. That has never stopped him before. He takes the kids to the dollar store and they pick out an assortment of cheap lotions and candles. This year he actually took me up on the "I don't need anything", and really didn't get me anything. And, church doesn't get out till 4:00, so dinner was not exactly "planned out" and was just kind of thrown together (and not at all one of my favorite meals). And he didn't make me dessert because he knows I'm trying to lose weight. So it was all just kind of like any other normal day. He did (at my insisting), make the kids assemble for a "Mother's Day moment" so I could get a picture with my kids.
The kids showing off their true sides.
And then, because the kids could sense that the day had been pretty lame, they decided to do a "spa" for me. They had me lay down on the floor, and for the next half hour I got covered with lotion and climbed all over. It made me feel very loved.
But, my favorite thing of the day was getting this picture e-mailed to me. Saturday evening I met up with a friend for her to take Owen's 18 months pictures. She followed him around the park taking pictures of him. Then at the end, she assembled us all together for an impromptu family picture. No one was dressed fancy, and we didn't worry too much about posing everyone perfectly. We just all climbed up on the tree and she took our picture. And it turned out perfect. Sunday morning I got on the computer, and found half a dozen images she had e-mailed to me as a "sneak preview". Owen's pictures are adorable, and I'll post them when I get the cd with all the images on it (there are 51 total). But, getting this picture made my day. To see my beautiful family, and know that I created them, it was a great Mother's Day present.

2 comments:

Angela Cothran said...

That is A LOT of kids when you get them together on the couch. Happy Mothers Day :)

Jenni said...

your honesty is awesome! And at least you got a great impromtu family pic....I have all but given up on those....even the impromptu ones! :)