Thursday, June 02, 2011

Remembering Grandparents

Sunday was cold and rainy. We went to church in the morning, then went to Pocatello in the afternoon to visit graves.

First we went to my Grandfather's grave. Aaron did not want to be in the picture (he was cold).

Next we went to Scott's grandparents' grave. Scott's parents weren't able to go this year, so we put flowers on for them.


Sara is named after Scott's grandma. I couldn't help but think that day, how happy Grandma Sara would be to have our beautiful little Sara named after her.

Scott's uncle is buried next to Scott's grandparents.

At my great grandparents' grave.

Nate's middle name is Soren (after my maiden name Sorensen), so we had to get a picture of him with the Sorensen name.

Owen was one of my Grandfather Alma's brothers, so I got a picture of the names on the back of the headstone. I didn't get Owen in the picture, though, because he stayed in the car (it was cold and he was sleeping).

On our way home from Pocatello, we stopped at the American Falls Reservoir. They are releasing water through the dam, so there was so much water rushing by. Thankfully, there was a fence. The kids loved throwing rocks through the fence into the water below.

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

I've never seen them open the dam! How cool.