Sunday, March 06, 2011

Aaron

Last Sunday Aaron had a hard time in primary. He was just having an off day, and did not want to behave for his teachers. So, after church, he drew an "I'm Sorry" card and we walked it over to his teachers' house. His teachers are an adorable grandma and grandpa who have endless patience. They gave Aaron a hug and thanked him for being Aaron, and Aaron promised them he would try and do better the next week.

So today as Sacrament ended, and I told Aaron it was time to go to primary, he decided to lie down and roll down the hall instead of walking reverently to primary. Scott scooped him up and sat him down on a table in the hall so we could talk to him. I reminded him how bed he felt last week that he made his teachers sad because he was naughty. And I reminded him that he promised he was going to be good for them this week. He looked at me and said, "I promised I would TRY!" (emphasis on the try). Scott and I looked at each other and tried to stifle a laugh. Here was this little boy (who I just adore) who just has so much energy bound up inside him, that even he recognized that he may not be able to be good the whole time, and that TRYING was the best he could do.

I'm happy to report that as far as I know, his TRYING was successful. Way to go Aaron.

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

After being in the primary presidency I have a new found appreciation for teachers and kids. It is hard to sit reverently for that long. You are a good Mom for seeing that :)