Monday, November 01, 2010

255 plus 1

In my almost 12 years of marriage, I have spent 255 weeks being pregnant (the equivalent of almost 5 years). Today I begin my 256th and final week of pregnancy. This morning my doctor's office called to confirm that I am scheduled to be induced next Monday (November 8th) at 7:00 am. It's kind of bittersweet. I'm so miserable, that I can't wait for it to all be over. But at the same time, I'm really quite sad that this is the last time I'll feel a baby moving inside me. The kids are bursting with excitement as we count down this last week. They can't wait to meet their little brother. I can't wait, either. I'm so anxious to meet this little guy. I'm hoping he's healthy. And I'm going to cherish every little kick and poke this week as he and I get our last week alone together.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh I remember those last days of pregnancy too. It's hard....knowing that it's the last time you will do something. And then they come and you start in the whole "last of everything" mode all over again....because you know it's your last one! glad you are cherishing all those sweet moments....and I can't wait to see this little man!!! Good luck...hope all goes well, and praying that you just start having those contractions on your own this weekend....and won't have to be induced! :)

Jenni said...

PS--call me if you are coming this way soon....I would love to do a newborn session for you and your sweet little guy! my gift to you! :)