Thursday, July 08, 2010

Things I Forgot

With all the reporting I had to do from this past weekend, I totally forgot to mention the fun we had leading up to the weekend. On Wednesday, the weather was nice and cool (mid 70's), so I loaded up all 5 kids and took them to the zoo (by myself). They were all surprisingly good and we had a very enjoyable time. The zoo wasn't very crowded, the weather wasn't too hot, and the kids listened to everything I told them--which makes for a wonderfully fun day.

Thursday afternoon was Scott's work summer party. It was in his boss' backyard and they had swimming and good food. The kids' favorite part was when they got to dive for money. His boss gets rolls of silver dollars (which are now gold) from the bank, then throws them in the pool and lets the kids dive for the coins. Our kids came out with $44 in coins--not bad. The kids swam and swam till we made them get out to come home (we were among the last to leave).

And then on Friday we left for Grandma's. So, the kids have had back to back days of fun, followed by a fun weekend, and now two weeks of swimming lessons. I'd say they are having a pretty good summer so far.

No comments: