Sunday, January 22, 2017

Gabe Through August

We started out August with trying some baby food (August 1st).  It was a pretty messy attempt (he kept pushing the food out with his tongue and he kept wanting to put his thumb in his mouth to suck).  I decided Gabe wasn't quite ready for food.





August 2nd.  Gabe cut his first tooth this week. and was CRANKY and suddenly wouldn't sleep at night.  It was a rough time for all.


August 3rd.  Kate developed a habit of picking up my phone and taking pictures.  Sometimes they actually turned out.


Sara continued to be a huge help to me by taking care of Gabe while I tried to get us settled into our rental.




August 5th.  Gabe isn't sure what to do with our cats.



August 7th.


August 9th.

August 10th.





August 10th.  Gabe loved getting to hang out in the backyard during Nate's birthday party.







Gabe got his second bottom tooth.  If you look close, you can see them in this picture.

August 11.  Gabe's puking got worse and worse.  He would cry until he threw up all the time.  He especially was prone to doing it if he was strapped in his car seat in the car.  I started just staying home with him, because the thought of having him puke in the car filled me with such dread.  Most days I went through multiple outfits because he was always throwing up on me.

August 13th.

August 15th.  Josh and that hammock - magic.  

August 16th. (A picture taken by Kate)


 August 16th.  A rough afternoon.  Scott was out of town (again).  I had tried to take Josh (and the little kids) to Walmart to let Josh pick out his bike we'd promised him for his birthday.  2 minutes into the car ride, Gabe started screaming and vomiting.  I turned around and went home and swore I'd never take Gabe in the car ever again.  


August 23rd.  Gabe had his 6 month checkup. At 29 inches, he's the tallest 6 month old we've had.  That's a 18 month outfit on him, and it totally fits.




August 29th.





August 29th.  Gabe loves the trampoline.  If he's at all fussy, we take him out there and he's instantly happy.




No comments: