Sunday, January 22, 2017

Coeur d'Alene

Scott and I got the opportunity to attend the Governor's Cup in Coeur d'Alene.  It was toward the end of the first week of school, so we had to do some kid juggling.  Megan Leifson stayed with the kids at night, and Shauna took my little kids during the day while the big kids were at school.


Scott and I had a fantastic time.  We stayed at the resort.  Scott golfed each day, and I hiked each day.  It was perfect.

The view out our room window.  That's Tubbs Hill you can see.  I hiked that hill every day I was there.
Pictures from my morning hike.



That afternoon I had a massage, spa lunch, and a manicure.

Scott with the Governor.

After Scott finished golf, I took him out for a hike too.

 We saw a wild turkey.


We stopped at a cute children's book/toy store and got souvenirs for our kids.


Then we got some dessert.

Scott hanging out with the giant fish in the lobby.



Me with the other wives at dinner

The next day Scott headed out golfing again and I headed out hiking.









The day before when Scott and I were hiking, this bridge was totally fine.  This morning when I hiked it, it had a tree fallen down on it.  So glad it didn't happen when we were on it!







Looking across at the golf course, where Scott is somewhere golfing.





I ended on a beautiful tree lined street with beautiful old homes.

After Scott got back from golf, we treated ourselves to more dessert!


That evening we got dressed up for dinner.  We loaded the boats and rode over to the Hagadorn event center.  It was stormy sky, which made for the most magnificent sunset.  We had a fabulous dinner and ended with a fireworks show over the water.








The next morning, I drug Scott out on one more hike, where we found the coolest sand castle.



Then we went back to the resort and got packed up.  We had Sunday Brunch in the resort restaurant (every kind of food you could want, buffet style).  Then we hopped on our plane and went home.  It was a fantastic few days away, that were much needed and appreciated.



No comments: