Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Chicago

After our fun night at the pumpkin patch, Scott left the next morning, before any of us were awake, to head to Chicago.  He spent two long days there, and came home the next night at 1:30 in the morning.  It was a short trip, but it came on the heals of his long Alaska trip, so it was really hard to have him gone again. 

We were so happy when Kenna asked if she, Marc, and the girls could bring pizza and have a little pizza party with us.  Savannah loved playing with baby Gabby, and I loved having two adults around to talk to.

I just have to take a minute to say how much I appreciate Kenna.  Every year when Scott's Alaska travels hit, Kenna is the first one to offer help.  In the past years, she had taken time to come sit with my kids so I could get out and have a break.  This year, about a month before Scott had to leave, she emailed and asked what she could do to help.  Most people don't even think about taking the time to help me, some people throw out empty "well, if you need any help...", but Kenna is persistent in offering help, until she finds something she can do for me.  I love that.  She's a busy mom of two little girls, and she goes to school, but she takes the time to help me, and that means so much to me!

No comments: