Friday, December 27, 2013

A New Treasure

I've mentioned our friend Randy on here before.  He is kind of our adopted Grandpa.  He is seriously the kindest, most generous, most thoughtful man I have ever met.  He picked us, I like to think it wasn't so random, and has blessed our lives since we met him.  He dropped by about a week before Christmas to give us some pre-Christmas gifts.  They were packaged just perfectly.  And came with the cutest candy canes I've ever seen.


Inside the wrapping, was a beautiful ornament for our tree, the book "The Littlest Angel" (which we read on Christmas Eve), and this .....




I was speechless when I opened it.  It was printed in 1902 and has been wonderfully preserved.  I opened it's pages and was instantly transported back to my childhood with it's smell.  My Grandmother loved books.  I used to sit in the corner of her living room in front of her bookshelf, and read her books--poetry books mostly--and they all smelled exactly like the pages of this old book.  This is truly a treasure, one that I will keep very close to my heart for many many years.  Randy, thank you for this generous gift.  Thank you for loving us.  Thank you for being the wonderful man that you are!

1 comment:

Big R said...

Thank you all for being who you are, and for living it every day!