Friday, June 28, 2013

Science Camp

This week my 5 older kids have spent every afternoon at science camp.  A boy in our ward (who is home from BYU) put it on at his house.  The kids have done an assortment of science experiments and got to do some cooking each day.  And at the end of the camp (1:00-3:00), I signed them up for the optional swimming time (3:15-4:45).  So this week I've been without my older kids from 1:00-5:00 each day.  It's made for a quiet week.  I think Owen and I will be glad next week when they are back home all day.  It just gets a little lonely without everyone here.

Today Owen made a mess of chocolate chips, so he got a bath mid-day.  When he got out, I needed to feed Kate, so I only got a diaper on him (his clothes were upstairs, and I was downstairs, and I had a hungry crying baby).  Owen sat by me while I fed Kate, then when I sat her up to burp, he insisted "I hold Kate".  So I let him hold her.  He was so proud of himself.



I then laid Kate down on the floor to get some pictures of her in her cute summer outfit.  I started taking pictures, when Owen yelled "Me too!" and came running over to get a picture with her.




Kate has always had such skinny little legs, but they are starting to get a few rolls on them.



 Trying out some tummy time, but all she wanted to do was suck on her hand.

Since Kate was being happy, I took the time to get Owen dressed.  Then he asked to hold his little sister again.  I love how much he loves her now.  He really had a hard time when she was born, but he's come to adore his little sis now.  He is her watch dog, and is always the first one to come running to tell me, "Kate's crying!" He's very gentle with her, too.  I think these two will end up being pretty good friends.




No comments: