Monday, June 10, 2013

Kate's Blessing

Kate was blessed last Sunday (June 2nd).  My parents came from Aberdeen.  My sister Shauna and her family came from Idaho Falls.  My cousin Travis and his family were here (they live in Nampa).  And we had all of Scott's family here, too.  It was wonderful having so much family here to celebrate Kate's special day with us. 

Kate's blessing dress is the same dress that I wore when I was blessed.  Savannah and Sara also wore the dress on their blessing days.  I'm sorry there are so many pictures, but she was just so beautiful, and there was so much I wanted to capture and remember from the day (and I had Shauna around who was more than happy to snap away with my camera - which I appreciated because she's a great photographer).

Kate was perfect for her blessing.  She was wide awake, and yet she didn't make a peep.  One thing that stood out in her blessing, was that Scott blessed her with a love of literature - I guess she's going to be my book lover.  I'm so grateful I have such a wonderful husband who can bless our babies. 































(Cousin Travis wanted to take Kate home with him)




















1 comment:

Big R said...

Wonderful, pictures of a beautiful child. With her interest in literature, one day I'll have to show her the 4000 year old cuneiform clay tablet that is the oldest object in my library!