Wednesday, March 06, 2013

37th Birthday

February 23rd was my 37th birthday.  We started the day with Savannah's and Sara's basketball games.  And we ended the day with celebrating my birthday.
The kids worked all day on coloring me beautiful pictures. Sara and Aaron made me a crown.

Sara and Aaron also prepared a little "performance" for me.  They sang some of the songs they are learning together in choir at school.

And of course if one person is in the spotlight, they all want to be, so Josh and Nate tried to join in on the performance. That created a few tears, and Aaron kicked them out of their performance.
 
After they finished their songs, they presented me with the poster card they had worked very hard on.

Then Josh and Nate got their turn to perform.

Because my present was too big to wrap, Scott used the kids to help carry/block from view my present as he brought it into the living room.

 Owen thought it was perfect for standing on. This really stressed Aaron out. He wanted it upright so I could see what it was, and Owen insisted on having it tipped over so he could stand on it.

 
Finally Owen hopped off, the box was uprighted, and all was well. I love that this is the group picture that I ended up with of the kids.
  Then it was time for cake.

  It was a good birthday. I felt very loved by my kids and husband, and that's all that matters.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Happy Birthday if I didn't tell you on FB! Or even if I did!