Sunday, July 22, 2012

Nate Swimming

I signed up all the kids for two weeks of swimming lessons this summer.  The first week was right after they got out of school (Memorial Day week).  That was the week that Owen and Nate came down with hand/foot/mouth disease, so Nate missed that first week of lessons.  The kids had a week off, then did their second week of lessons (first week for Nate).  They all did so amazing and the four older ones swim like fish.  At the end of Nate's week, he was just on the verge of swimming.  He started the week too scared to put his face in the water, so he had made tremendous progress.  I knew that if he had just one more week, that he'd be swimming.  So Nate got to do one more week of swimming lessons on his own.  He thought he was pretty special.

On his last day, I brought the camera and Sara came along to watch.  Nate loved showing off everything he had learned.

Waiting patiently for his lesson to start.
Nate would jump off the side of the pool, swim to his teacher, she'd help him get a breath, then send him off swimming to the stairs.
And then he'd hop out and do it again.
I was amazed at how easily Nate went in and out of the water. I have never been able to do that. Scott makes fun of me because I always have to plug my nose when I go under water. Not Nate, though, he loves going under the water.
His very favorite was the slide.
  Working on the back float.
Just being cute.

No comments: