Monday, July 30, 2012

Good Friends

Sara and Owen have become quite the close little friends. At the beginning of the summer, we finally gave in to Savannah's incessant begging for her own room. We moved Owen's crib upstairs to the girls' room and let Savannah move down to Owen's room (which doubled as a guest room and already had a queen bed in it). So this whole summer, Owen and Sara have been sharing a room--and for the most part loving it. I love hearing the two of them over the monitor each morning. Sara talks to him and he talks back, until Sara finally rescues him from his crib. Sara has always loved babies (I remember the years when she always had a doll or two tucked under her arm). For her, taking care of Owen is a treat instead of a chore. She loves playing mommy to him. She really loves him, and he loves her. He will just randomly ask for her throughout the day. He'll just shout out, "Sara!", and she comes running when she hears him. I love it.

(These pictures are from earlier this summer-before Sara's haircut-but I just found them as I was going through pictures and realized I hadn't posted them before. They were just too cute not to share)

No comments: