Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Cruise or Disneyland?

The question at the back of my mind the whole week was, "I traded a cruise for Disneyland--was it worth it?". At times during the week, I really wished I'd taken the cruise instead. But when all was said and done, I was so glad I chose the vacation I did. It was magical. Despite all the crowds, and all the frustrations, this vacation was magical. It was one week where we were together as a family (minus Owen) without the distractions of our life back home. No house work to worry about, no school or homework, no gymnastics or scouts or achievement days, no little friends constantly ringing our doorbell asking if they can play. It was just us, as a family, enjoying our time together. And as much as we missed Owen, it was wonderful to not even have the distractions of diaper changes, and bottles, and naptimes. We had a whole week free of the everyday grind, and we had an amazing time. It is a vacation we will all remember forever.



No comments: