Thursday, July 07, 2011

Back to Normal Life

As Savannah was heading up the stairs to bed tonight, she asked, "Is tomorrow Friday?" I had to really stop and think before I answered "yes". Last week, every day felt like Saturday. It was great. With the exception of one day going to a work lunch, Scott didn't have to work at all, and we did wonderful family things all week. We even had Monday as a holiday to extend the long vacation.

And then Tuesday came and we had to return to real life. Scott went back to work. I went back to cleaning and laundry. It was hard. This whole week, every day has felt like a Monday. But, tomorrow is finally Friday, so the end is in sight.

We had a great stay-cation. It turned out much better than I thought it would. The kids had a great time every day. We really wore them out with all the fun.

This week we have continued to do some more fun things while Dad has been at work. I took the kids swimming one afternoon. We also did a car wash in our driveway (the suburban was really dusty after our drive up into the foothills). Poor little Owen gets dragged along with us and often misses his naps. Yesterday after the car wash, I had Savannah feeding him in his high chair while I fixed lunch for everyone. After a few minutes, she said, "Mom. Look!" I turned to see Owen asleep. He had fallen asleep while she was feeding him. He was one tired baby.



Today Scott had to go to Denver. He got up this morning at 5am to get ready to go to the airport. His plane was supposed to land here in Boise at 11:30 tonight. But, it got delayed and wasn't going to leave Denver till 10:50, putting him landing in Boise around 1am. Poor guy. Tomorrow he has to fly to Seattle for the day. His plane doesn't leave tomorrow till around 10, so hopefully he'll get to sleep in a little bit in the morning. And then we get the weekend! And then on Monday Scott and I get to go to Sun Valley (without kids) for three days for his annual sales training meeting. Last year we went to Jackson Hole for two days and it was wonderful. This year it's in Sun Valley and it's three days (two days of meetings, one day of free time). I love work sponsored trips! I mean, who doesn't love a free vacation!

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

How fun! I love Sun Valley, it is gorgeous. You will love it.

I love when babies fall asleep in highchairs. It is so darling :)