Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day

I've had a wonderful but busy weekend. My parents came Thursday evening and stayed till this afternoon. On Friday my parents babysat the younger kids so I could chaperone an all-day field trip with Josh. We went to Kathrine Albertson's Park and the MK Nature Center. It was great getting to spend the day with Josh.

Friday night was Savannah's opening night of her play (Jungle Book). Scott stayed home with the three little boys, and Grandma, Grandpa, Josh, Sara and I went to see the play. Savannah did great! She played a wolf, and was in a lot of the scenes. Here she is in her costume--pretty real looking, right? The other picture is of her and her friend Brynlee after their masks came off. Brynlee's Mom and I have been carpool buddies for the last three months of play practices.



Saturday Scott and I got up early to run in the Race for the Cure 5K in downtown Boise. It was fun, but I've decided Scott and I shouldn't try to run together. I try to push him, he gets grouchy with me because he hates running, then I get grouchy with him because he hates running, and then we both are just grouchy. After the race, we got cleaned up and went to the temple. It was our Stake's temple day, so we decided to take advantage of our babysitters (grandma and grandpa). After the temple, we did some shopping at Costco. Then we came home and had dinner, then went to Savannah's play again. This time Grandma and Grandpa stayed home with Josh and Owen, and Scott and I went and took Nate, Aaron, and Sara. Grandpa Mike came to the play, too. Aaron was complaining of a toothache and cried the whole way through the first half of the play. Finally, I'd had enough, so I left and took Aaron home, then went back for the end of the play. Once again, Savannah did awesome!

Sunday was Mother's Day. It was great having my Mom here to celebrate with me. We went to church in the morning.

In the afternoon, I lounged around in the living room at "Spa Sara" and "Spa Savannah". The girls used bottles of lotion to give foot massages, and put me to sleep rubbing my back. They had fun pampering me, and I really enjoyed it. Scott made a fabulous dinner of halibut and orange rolls. After dinner we went for a family walk, then came back for dessert (strawberry shortcake). Then it was time for presents. I got 4 new bread pans, each wrapped separately--so I got to open 4 presents.






This morning started off with Aaron throwing up. I'm pretty sure his toothache is an abscess, and I think that lended to his getting sick. He's been fine the rest of the day, and he has a dentist appointment Thursday. I'm just hoping he'll be ok till then. This morning was also Owen's 6th month doctor visit. I was able to leave Aaron and Nate home with Grandpa while I took Owen to the doctor. During that time, I sent my Mom to Eagle Day Spa for a facial (my mother's day gift to her). She loved it. My parents headed back home just after lunch time. And then I got to spend the rest of my day with a fussy baby (darn immunizations) and trying to pull the house back together after a busy weekend.

No comments: