Friday, May 27, 2011

The Big Number 5

Happy 5th Birthday Aaron!

I remember the day you were born like it was just yesterday. You were my tiniest baby--weighing in at a mere 6 pounds 13 ounces. You were also my longest labor--5 whole hours. I remember being so scared during my labor with you, worried that there were going to be complications. Both of our blood pressures were dropping, and there was a lot of commotion as the nurses put me on oxygen and the doctor gave me medication into my IV to raise my blood pressure. And then just like that, you were there. So tiny and so perfect. My little Aaron Michael. And just like that, you became the perfect fit for our family. I then had 4 kids ages 4 and under, but you slipped into our family so easily, you were the happiest little baby.

Now you are 5. You have become such an adventurous little boy. You have a wild imagination and love to play pretend. You are smart, it amazes me how much you know. You love to share your wealth of information with anyone who will listen. You are sweet, you know just what to say at the right moment to make my heart melt. I can't even imagine life without you. Thank you for being a part of our family. We love you!

No comments: