Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Owen Update

I talked to my mom today and she was missing our little Owen, so I told her I'd put up some current pictures of him for her to see. So, here we go:





I wish I could say that Owen is all smiles today, but he's not. We are dealing with Thrush at the Howell house this week. On Monday afternoon, I noticed the white spots taking over his mouth, so I called the doctor, but they couldn't get him in till the next day. Meanwhile, he because very fussy. He screamed and nothing would console him all Monday evening. And he stopped nursing. He would still do a bottle, but would just scream if I tried to nurse him. So, I dug out the pump and have spent the last few days pumping and then feeding him the milk in a bottle (although, it did occur to me that if I decided to just dump the milk, then I could partake in the Monday night family pizza dinner, but I refrained). I took him to the doctor yesterday and got medicine for him to clear up the thrush. I'm hoping the medicine works quickly, so he can get to feeling better soon. The extreme fussiness and no nursing continued all day yesterday and through most of the night. I'm exhausted. One can only take constant screaming for so long before it starts to take it's toll. I think he may be feeling a little better today, because I've gotten him to nurse twice today. I just hope the worst is over.

In other family news, Savannah found out this week that she got a part in her school play, "The Jungle Book". She is part of the wolf pack. We won't know till next week when they hand out scripts whether it's a speaking part.

Aaron continues to play dress-up on a regular basis.


Nate got ahold of a pair of scissors and cut a chunk of hair out of the back of Savannah's head. It's going to take a while to grow out, but hides itself pretty well when her hair gets brushed. That kid gets himself in so much trouble these days.


And on Sunday afternoon, Scott and Owen took an afternoon nap together....on the kitchen floor. Hey, wherever you can find a quiet place in this house!


2 comments:

Angela Cothran said...

Karen Sorensen! I tried to get in touch with you on your last post. Hopefully you read your comments. E-mail me and let me know how you are. I am at - dangelinacothran@gmail.com
Angie (Ure) Cothran

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness! he is just too adorable! That 1st picture is just THE cutest thing ever! Your family is just so cute....I LOVE that you post pics of everything, I am just too lazy and just write about stuff....but no pics!!!! :)