Monday, January 31, 2011

New Addition

Thursday night the steady stream of workers came to an end. For the past two weeks, our loft (play room) area has been under construction. And it's finally finished (almost--they still have to come back to do the tile backsplash)! Here's the finished product. (I took the pictures when it was dark out, and the flash makes the walls look yellow, but they really are green. You get a better sense of the real color in the closer up picture. I'd take pictures now in the daylight, but there are toys out on the floor, so these pictures will have to do for now).



On Friday afternoon, my mother-in-law (who is an expert organizer) came and moved all of the kids' art supplies and puzzles upstairs into the desk. We built the desk because I was so sick of always having art stuff out on my kitchen counter. This new desk area is the new art station. It's also the new computer/homework/puzzle area. Hopefully now my kitchen will be a lot easier to keep clean. We still have to get chairs for the three desk openings, so the desk isn't fully functional yet, but we are hoping to get those this week. I really love how it turned out!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my! Can I say....JEALOUS! Cause that is totally what I am! It's amazing....and someday, someday I will have something like it....I hope! :) Enjoy!!!!

Angela Cothran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela Cothran said...

These are few things in life better than a clean room and a finished project, and all those mess up rooms and derail projects. It looks awesome!