Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Three Weeks Old

Another week has come and gone. Owen is now three weeks old. I took him to the doctor on Monday, and he weighed in at 9 lbs 5 oz (which was enough to stop worrying about his weight).




We celebrated Thanksgiving last week with Scott's family. We had dinner at his parent's house, and his sister and her family were there too. Our kids loved getting to spend the day playing with their cousins.

The day after Thanksgiving, we got a babysitter in the afternoon and Scott and I (and Owen) went shopping. We got the kids' big Christmas present and then went to RC Willey and bought us a new mattress (it was much needed). We can't wait for it to be delivered so we can start sleeping better at night.

Today was a snow day off from school for the kids. When I was a kid growing up in Eastern Idaho, we got quite a few snow days every year. But over on this side of the state, they are a bit more rare. A news article said the last snow day we had was January 30th, 2008, and the last one before that was 1994. That's only three snow days in the last 16 years! So, the kids have been enjoying this day off. They spent the morning playing in the snow while I spent 2 hours shoveling our driveway (I also went out last night for over an hour and shoveled). We have so much snow--I love it.

Last week I took pity on the kids and got the blocks down out of the closet for them to play with. All their toys are still put up, and the blocks have been up in the closet for the last year because they always made such a mess with them. I thought that with all the other toys gone, that maybe they would actually use the blocks to build instead of using them to throw around the whole upstairs. Today when I was downloading pictures off my camera, I found this:


I'm not sure why they did this, but I thought it was cute. I think Scott must have taken the pictures. I'll have to get the story behind it from him when he gets home today.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

3 weeks already? Wow....it really goes by too fast! He is sooo darling! Um, are you coming to my neck of the woods anytime soon? If so, can I PLEASE do a family photo session for you? I would love to do it as your baby gift....since I never know what to get for people. It would have to be outside though, since I don't have studio room for that many people. Let me know what you think....cause I would LOVE to dot his for you! And I HATE legos.....HATE THEM!!!! :)