Monday, December 20, 2010

12 Years

(24 roses--two for each year of marriage)

Yesterday was our 12th wedding anniversary. To celebrate, we went out Friday night. Jen came to babysit, and we left all 6 kids with her. Scott and I went shopping at Costco (I know, so romantic, but we were by ourselves, so it kind of was). Then we went to Gandolpho's for dinner. Scott took me to Gandolpho's in Provo for our very first date, and we haven't eaten there since. So it was really kind of fun to pick that as our place to eat. We got our sandwiches to go, and took them to Scott's parents' house. We needed to go there to work on some assembly on some presents for the kids that we are storing in their garage. They weren't home, so we made ourselves comfortable in their living room, turned on their cable TV, and ate our sandwiches in the quiet house (something that never happens at our house). After they got home, we visited with them for a bit, then headed out to the garage and assembled one of the presents (a see-saw).

I can't believe it's been 12 years. Really, I just can't believe we are getting that old. It feels like we should still be young college newlyweds. But here we are--married 12 years and with 6 kids. Time stops for no one, I guess. I am so glad Scott chose to marry me. I love my life with him!

1 comment:

Kelly and Patty Bolingbroke said...

Congatulations on your anniversary! Beautiful roses! You've got a really good start on eternity, beautiful wife, handsone husband, wonderful children, the perfect combination.