Monday, June 07, 2010

A Little Freaked Out

This afternoon we had sunshine finally, so I took the kids out to play in the sandbox. I put the umbrella up (it had been down all week because of storms), so they could dig in the shade. After about 15 minutes, Sara looked up into the top of the umbrella and exclaimed, "Look! There's a mouse in there!". I heard the squeaking and looked up to see that it wasn't a mouse, it was a BAT! I rushed all the kids away and called Scott to see what I should do. He told me to take pictures and hope that it was still there when Josh got home. So I headed out with the camera to take pictures. While taking pictures, I realized that it's foot was caught in the poles of the umbrella (I must have smashed it in there when I put the umbrella up). So I called Scott back and told him that the bat was stuck. I kept the kids far away from the sandbox the rest of the day till Scott came home. He put on some heavy work gloves and went to work freeing it. He finally saved it and it flew away. The kids found the whole thing VERY fascinating. I was more freaked out than fascinated.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Um, more freaky than cool! EEEEKKKKK!