Monday, June 07, 2010

Busy Weekend

Friday night/Saturday morning, I was awoken at 4:00am by Aaron at the side of my bed saying, "Mommy, I frew up". I got up and cleaned him up and Scott cleaned up his bed, then we put him in our chair to sleep. He wanted me to lie by him, so I did. We turned on a movie, hoping it would help him fall back to sleep. After a half an hour, I was starting to get pretty uncomfortable, so I convinced Aaron to let me go up to my bed. He agreed, but kept chatting with me about the movie, so I couldn't go back to sleep. He and I finally drifted back to sleep around 5:30. He woke up Saturday morning feeling just fine, but I got to start off the weekend severely sleep deprived.

Saturday Scott had to go man a booth for work at one of his client's wellness fair/family picnic from 11-2. It was at a park, so we went along. They had inflatable bounce houses for the kids, gift bags of candy for the kids, and a yummy lunch. The kids had a great time. I left with the kids at 12:30 because we had a baptism to attend. One of our neighbors (who is Josh's really good friend) had invited us to come to his baptism. The kids and I rushed home, changed into church clothes, then rushed to the baptism. It was quite the adventure for me to try and wrestle 5 kids (who were hyped up on sugar from the picnic) during the baptism, but I survived.

We got home from the baptism about the same time Scott got home from the picnic. We turned the kids loose outside to play while Scott turned the tv on and watched golf, and I climbed up on my bed and napped. In the evening we took the kids with us to Zamzows and let them see all the animals (bunnies, guinea pigs, snakes, etc.). After we got back we all went for a bike ride, then ordered Dominoes pizza because both Scott and I were too tired to cook.

Sunday we went to church, then came home and got dinner ready just in time for my parents and my sister Linda and her 4 kids to show up. They are going to the Oregon Coast this weekend, and needed a place to sleep to break the drive up a bit. We had dinner with them, then we all walked to the horses and back. Getting 9 kids (and 5 adults) settled down to sleep last night proved to be quite the process, and we all got to bed later than we should have. This morning we got Savannah and Josh off to school and Scott off to work. Then I got all of the extended family off on their long drive to Oregon. Then I mowed the lawn while Sara, Aaron and Nate played in the yard. This afternoon we are going to have one of Aaron's little friends come play while his mom helps out at school. I'm pretty sure by tonight we are all going to be pretty tired.

Tomorrow is Savannah and Joshua's last day of school. We are all very excited for summer vacation to start. We've got so many fun things planned this summer. If only the weather would start to cooperate with us. It has rained every day for a solid month (ok, maybe not every day, but pretty close). We are all ready for some sunshine.

No comments: