Friday, May 14, 2010

While the Boys are Away...

Scott, Josh, and Aaron are off camping tonight. It's our ward's father/son campout and my boys wouldn't miss it for the world. They have been so excited and this week has not passed nearly fast enough for my two little adventurers. Nate got to stay home with the girls--our rule has turned into them needing to be potty trained before they get to go with dad. Otherwise, Scott spends his whole time babysitting instead of hanging out with the older boys. They went to a hot springs this time, so Josh and Aaron were so excited they were going to get to swim. I can't wait till they get home tomorrow and tell me all about it.

In the meantime, I had the responsibility of providing a good time for us girls (and Nate). We started by going to Hobby Lobby and the girls got to pick out fabric for new summer nightgowns. Then we went to Carl's Jr. for dinner (Sara's pick). We ate and the kids played on the play-place for quite a while. Then we headed home, but first stopped by a RedBox for a girl movie. We just finished our movie and Sara is making a bed on the couch. I told them they could have a "sleepover" where ever they chose. Savannah chose my bed. Sara chose the couch. Sara has spent the last two hours thanking me every 10 minutes ("Mom, thank you so much for being so nice to us" and "Mom, thanks for taking us to play and have chicken nuggets and milkshakes" and "Mom, thanks for letting me camp in the living room" and on and on). Apparently, I put on a pretty descent girls night. Now if we can all just get some sleep....

No comments: