Thursday, December 08, 2016

Adjusting to the Rental

It was a major adjustment when we moved into the rental.  We had kids sharing rooms that weren't used to sharing rooms.  Savannah and Sara share a room.  Aaron, Nate, and Kate all share a room.  Gabe gets his own room.  And Owen and Josh have a set of bunk beds in the corner of the bonus room (which serves as the play room, media room, and a bedroom).  We've got dressers out in the hallway, because there isn't room in the bedrooms.  We've got a cheap clothes rack sitting in Kate's room for her clothes, because Nate and Aaron's fill up the whole closet.  We can't park either car in the garage, because it has two skinny single doors and our oversized cars can't fit through the doors.  But, there are good things too.  Like the yard. 



I think the move was hardest on me.  I was exhausted.  I had packed up a house (mostly by myself) and now I was unpacking a house (mostly by myself) and I was taking care of a baby that didn't sleep at night, 8 kids who were feeling really displaced, and Scott was still traveling fairly regularly.  I spent so many days just crying.  Scott tried to take me to our lot as often as he could, to remind me of what was to come.


And we worked as hard as we could to finish up our floor plans so we could start on our new house.

Before we moved, I picked the plums off our tree in the backyard.  They weren't quite ripe when I picked them, but after sitting for a week, they were ready to be made into jam.  It was the last remaining tie I had to home.

We desperately needed something happy.  So....I planned a trip to Disneyland.  We hadn't taken a single vacation all summer long.  The only thing we did was clean our house for showings, pack everything up to move, and then unpack everything.  Sara made a countdown chain for us to look forward to our vacation.  It was the only thing that held me together some days - the thought of going to Disneyland with our family.







No comments: