Sunday, April 22, 2012

Easter Weekend

I know, I'm a little slow with this.

We spent Easter in Aberdeen this year. We drove to Grandma's house Friday night. On Saturday, my cousin Connor was baptized. It was wonderful. My dad baptized him. After the baptism, we had a friends and family dinner at the fire station. My kids love that place.
Owen made himself some new friends. (With my niece Rachel and with my mom's neighbor Jesus. Jesus and Connor grew up playing together, and Owen really took to him.)
Easter morning the kids woke up, eager to see what the Easter Bunny had brought them.
Savannah got a skip-it, Josh got a glow-in-the-dark kick ball, Sara got a pogo stick, Aaron got a plastic bat and ball, Nate got bubbles and sidewalk chalk, and Owen got a bubble lawn mower.
The kids hunted for eggs around the house (and Josh instantly started into his chocolate candy).
We went to church in Grandma Sorensen's ward. At church, I ran into my best friend from high school's dad. He told me she was in town. So, after church we went over to her parents' house and visited with her. It was so wonderful to see her. It had been way too many years since we'd seen each other. My kids were eager to get home and hunt outside for eggs with their cousins, but they were somewhat patient while I enjoyed my visit. Then it was back to Grandma's for the big outside egg hunt. Heather's girls had come for church (Connor was confirmed at church), so they hunted for eggs with my kids.
It was a fun Easter. The kids didn't want to leave Grandma's house, so we ended up leaving pretty late in the day on Sunday. We got home super late, and had some pretty tired kids when they had to get up for school the next morning.

No comments: