Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Fighting the Winter Blahs

I hate winter. As a thyroid patient, I'm always cold, but especially in winter. I freeze all winter. And with a baby, I'm forced to stay indoors most of the winter. I go stir crazy and dream of seeing the sun again. In an effort to fight the winter blahs, I announced to Scott that we needed to paint. We've had this gorgeous deep brown on our living room walls for 6 years now. I loved it when it was the piano room, because it made it a focal room. The deep color made the room stand out, and we spent very little time in there, so it was ok that it was dark.

But after we moved the piano to the office, and made the living room a tv room, it's become the room that we spend most of our time in. I needed light in there. I needed bright and cheery, not dark and brown. So I painted.


The wall color is a light gray. It makes the black media console that we built really pop out. We are in the process of making matching end tables to match the media console. And I made new curtains.



I really love the way the room turned out. The lighter color makes such a difference in opening up the room. It feels open and airy, and I love it. The only thing I don't like is how my old green couches look now. They really don't go with the new color scheme. But with the added expense of Aaron's therapy, there isn't money in the budget for new furniture. So, I'll live with them a while longer. We've had them since college, and they've held up great, so I'll just have to ignore the color and keep them a while longer.

No comments: