Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thirty-Five

Yesterday was my 35th birthday. It was a great day. Scott took the whole day off of work. After sleeping in, I strapped on my running shoes and went for a run. It was my first run since I had Owen. I went three miles, and although it was painful, it was so wonderful to be running again. At 1:00, we went to Savannah's spelling bee, and on the way home, Scott stopped at Subway and got me a sandwich for lunch (Subway sandwiches are one of my favorite things to eat). In the afternoon, I snuck out and did a little shopping at Old Navy and got a new shirt and some earrings. After I got home from shopping, I got some quiet time with my little baby while Scott took the older 5 kids shopping at Target for birthday presents for me. For dinner, Scott cooked Cod and Rice (a completely dairy-free dinner). After dinner I got to open my presents and then we had cake. Scott found a recipe online for a dairy free cake and frosting. It was delicious! I got some great presents from the kids. Savannah and Sara each gave me earrings. Josh gave me nail polish. Aaron gave me JellyBellies. And Nate gave me Skittles. And the best present of all came from my wonderful husband. He rented a house on the Oregon Coast for the week of Spring Break (the last week of March). He has seen how exhausted and stressed I've been, and decided that we all needed a good vacation. I cried--a lot. The kids are so excited. It's been 4 years since we've been to the Oregon Coast. We just have to make it through one more month, and then we get a whole week of vacation!

No comments: