Monday, February 14, 2011

Getting Better

I'm happy to report that nursing is improving. Within hours of my blog post, my sister-in-law called to offer help. She has dealt with Thrush more times than she would like, and told me about Gention Violet. You apply it to yourself, then feed your baby so it gets inside their mouth, and it kills the yeast in both of you. The only thing is, it turns everything purple and won't come off. So Owen has been sporting a little purple mouth for the last few days, but it seems to be working. My old roommate also gave me lots of suggestions of things to use for Thrush, and I'm thinking I'll try those things too to make sure the Thrush is good and gone (it has a habit of coming back if it's not thoroughly gone). And now that it's not so painful to nurse (and now that Owen no longer screams when I try to feed him) I'm just trying to nurse often to get my supply back up. Thanks Jamie and Eliza for your help!!


No comments: