Friday, October 22, 2010

We Made It!

Well, we've almost made it through another week without Scott. He left Monday morning for Spokane, and will get home this evening. The week has gone relatively smoothly. After going 15 days straight without him, 5 days seems like a walk in the park.

Wednesday evening, the kids had an art show at their school. All the classes had their artwork displayed for the parents to come see, and the Honor Choir performed twice during it. Since Savannah is in the choir, I decided it was important that I go. Luckily, one of the sweet young women in our ward called the day before (knowing that Scott was out of town), and offered to watch my kids for me if I wanted her to. The idea of not having to chase Aaron and Nate around a gym filled with breakable artwork was very appealing, and I took her up on the offer. So, she came and stayed with the two little boys while I took Sara and Josh to the art show (Savannah stayed after school for choir rehearsal and then the performances). All three kids were very excited to show off the things they had made, and Savannah did great singing. She was one of 5 kids who got to accompany the choir with African drums for "Kumbaya".

Thursday was our gymnastics marathon day. Aaron has gymnastics on Tuesday mornings, and the other 3 kids have it after school on Thursday. We have 2 hours back to back of gymnastics. Savannah's class is 4:15-5:15 and Sara and Josh's class is 5:15-6:15. We came home and threw some pizzas in the oven for a late dinner, and then tried to get to bed at a decent time.

Today is picture day at school for the kids. Savannah really wanted curls for her pictures, so we got up early to curl her hair. She has so much hair, and it takes forever to curl it all, but it sure looks beautiful when it is done. Hopefully the curls survive till picture time. I drove the kids to school instead of sending them on the bus, in hopes of their hair not getting messed up too much before pictures. Let's hope the pictures turn out great for all three of them.

So, now we just have to make it through today. I've been so worried all week that I would have this baby without Scott. I'm breathing a sigh of relief now that we've almost made it. His flight comes in at 6 this evening. Then, I'm free to do all the walking, lifting, working, etc that needs done around here. Part of me loves the idea of making it to my induction--I love the calm and planning that goes along with being induced. But another part of me would love to experience the real thing--recognizing labor pains, rushing to the hospital, and all the excitement that would go along with that. This is my last pregnancy, and a part of me would really like to experience going into labor on my own for once. One way or the other, in at least two weeks we are going to have a new little baby around here and life is going to change for all of us!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I don't know how you do it....and so close to having a baby....you truely are SUPER MOMMY! Good luck with your new little one....and I hope you get to experience the surprise labor & delivery too! Just not TOO much of a surprise. It is fun though to go on your own...did it the first 2 times and then induced with my last 2 pregnancies! I can't wait to hear about your new little guy! :)