Friday, January 15, 2010

Projects

Back in November, I decided I needed to do a little work on Nate/Grandma and Grandpa's room. It's been a nursery/guest bedroom since we moved in, but I haven't ever done anything to it to make it special. So, I bought a $5 can of oops paint at Home Depot and painted one wall (the focal wall). Then I convinced Scott to put all his woodworking tools to use and build me a shelf. He and my Dad completed most of it while my parents were here for my Dad's birthday in December. It took a couple of weeks after that to find the time to finally finish building the shelf, then for me to paint it, then to get it hung. My plan is to line the shelf with black and white pictures of each of my kids, but I don't have those ready yet, so the shelf is empty. There is one picture on it, but it's not staying. We got that picture from Jamie for Christmas, and I want to hang it on the hall wall opposite our living room But, the color of the mat was the same color as the wall, so I had to paint the wall a darker color to contrast the picture better. The painting is done, but we haven't had time to hang the picture yet (I'll post pictures when that project is finally done), so for now the picture is up on the shelf in Nate's room to keep it safe. I love the way Nate's room turned out!



1 comment:

Shauna said...

I LOVE it! That shelf is beautiful! And I really like the paint colors. Well done!