Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Kittens

Savannah got home from Girl's Camp a few hours after we got home from Eagle Island.  She had a fantastic time, and as soon as I get some pictures from her leaders, I'll do a post telling about her time there. 

I'd had a plan in the works for a few weeks.  A friend of ours has a cat who had kittens.  She talked me into taking two of the kittens.  I wanted to surprise the kids, and I had to wait till the kittens were old enough to leave their mom.  While Savannah was at camp, my friend texted to say the kittens were ready.  So Scott and I went shopping and got everything we needed for the kittens, then waited for Savannah to get home from camp.  When she got home, I texted my friend to see if we could come get the kittens.  She texted back that evening around 10 and said to come on over. 

I gathered the kids quickly and told them to get in the van (without telling them where we were going).  Then we drove over and picked up our new kittens.  The kids were so excited and were so surprised.  They were awake till after midnight that night (even Kate) because they didn't want to say goodnight to the kittens.










Sara instantly gravitated to the orange cat and Savannah to the gray one.




No comments: