Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school. Savannah is in the 3rd grade, Josh is in the 2nd grade, and our little Sara started Kindergarten. They were all three so excited about getting up and going to school. We picked out clothes last night so they would look just perfect today. We also had father's blessings last night (a tradition the night before school). Nate was so cute--when the older kids were done, he went over and climbed up and said "Nate's turn". So he even got a turn getting a blessing.





All three wanted to ride the bus, so Nate and Aaron and I took them to the bus stop this morning.




At noon the boys and I (and Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen) went to pick up Sara from her half day of Kindergarten. She had a great first day and was full of excitement.


Part of getting ready to go back to school was a cute haircut for Sara. I took her and Savannah last week to get their hair cut. Savannah just got 2 inches trimmed off, but Sara got 8 inches chopped off. I love her new short hair--she looks so adorable.


After we had lunch, Grandma and Grandpa took Sara shopping to pick out her birthday present (her birthday is in a week and a half). I have lots of catching up to do, so I'll explain why my parents were here in my next post. They stayed till after Josh and Savannah got home from school to find out how their days had gone, before they headed back to Aberdeen. Josh and Savannah had great first days also and both were so excited to tell me how everything had gone.

I can't believe this summer has already come to an end and it's time for school to start. It is going to be very quiet with just the two little boys at home with me. I think Aaron is glad that Sara's only gone for half the day--he's a bit lost without her.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

How fun! and what a perfect 1st day to start back with....since it actually felt like fall! What cute kiddos you have! :) Good luck on a super fun school year ahead!!!