Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Good-Bye Grouchies

We've all been a bit grouchy lately. We've all been yelling, fighting, complaining, yelling, fighting, and....well, you get the picture. So, this last Saturday, I decided we needed a day of fun to try and cheer everyone up. I was supposed to be doing a 14 mile run, but that would take a good chunk of our day (2 1/2 hours and more), and I'm already a week ahead in my training schedule, so I blew off running for the day. And instead, we packed up all the kids into the suburban and we went to the zoo. It was a beautiful day and it was just what we needed. The kids had a great time seeing the animals. I didn't take any pictures because I tend to ruin things when I'm concerned about getting the kids to pose just so for pictures. So, I left the camera home and just enjoyed watching the kids. After we had seen all the animals we wanted, we headed home. Josh has been begging to have a fire pit, so that's what we did. We roasted hot dogs and had smores and enjoyed our first backyard camp fire of the year. At the end of the day, we let the kids have a sleep over in the bonus room all together. It was a fantastic day, and has seemed to help with the overall mood of the house. Now if only it will last.

2 comments:

Springer Family said...

That sounds like a really fun day that would cheer anyone up. I think with it being winter we all get into those moods. Good thing warmer days are ahead.

Summers Family said...

Ooo - what fun! I think that's what we need too. We've got a touch of the grouchies too. Can't wait for nicer weather to send them outside to play and let them run around and just feel the sun.
Hope you're all doing well.